St. Peter's College
+353 (0)53 9142071
+353 (0)53 9146841
9.00am - 1.00pm
2.00pm - 4.30pm
Mr J Banville
TRANSFER STUDENTS TO ST. PETER'S COLLEGE
Procedure for Students Transferring from Other Second Level Schools
The school will consider applications from students who wish to transfer from other schools subject to the following:
Availability of places in the school
Availability and suitability of places in specific subjects
Consideration of Health, Safety and Educational Welfare of current students in the school
The school being satisfied that the transfer is in the best interests of the student.
Requests to transfer a student from another Second Level school to St. Peterís College, Wexford must be made in writing by a parent/guardian to the Principal and enclosing copies of the studentís last three School Reports, a letter of recommendation from the Principal of his present school and his P.P.S. Number
- On receipt of this information, the Principal shall arrange to meet the student and parent(s)/guardian(s) at the earliest opportunity.
- The Principal will also make contact with the Principal of the studentís present school to fully discuss the application to transfer.
- Within fifteen school days of the meeting, the Principal will make a decision in relation to the application. This decision will be mindful of overall Board of Management policy, availability of places, Department of Education & Science approval (if necessary), the opinion of the studentís present school and the specific needs of the student his parent(s)/guardian(s) particularly in relation to the availability of places, his subjects choices and timing of his transfer.
- The Principalís decision will be conveyed, in writing, to the studentís parent(s)/guardian(s) and the studentís present school. The Principalís decision will be subject to the formal approval of the Board of Management.
- Confirmation of a place is conditional on the receipt by the school of the signed acceptance by the parent/guardian and student of the School Rules and Anti- Bullying Policy that will be sent by post with the offer of a place.
- The offer is also conditional on receipt by the school of a full statement of any medical condition and/or Special Educational Needs.
- The Board of Management reserve the right to refuse an application for admission subject to the schoolís Admission Policy
Back to Top of Page
Site reference URL: http://www.stpeterscollege.ie